Memories from the bus ride home, post-race:
- Everyone belting out our awful version of "We Are the Champions" by Queen, until we were hoarse.
- The feeling that WE did it, together.
- Looping around the square in Baraboo, celebrating from the seats of the yellow school bus.
- Entering the BHS gymnasium, where a varsity volleyball game was going on ... causing the game to pause as word of our victory spread in the crowd (sorry, volleyballers).
- Posing for more photos in the gym with our trophy:
Kneeling (L to R): Kelly, Hegley, McGann, Nikl
Standing (L to R): Queniahan, Coach Briscoe, Crary, Nelson
- Pizza Hut, post-shower (where else?).
Here are a few more post-race clippings from the scrapbook:
Here's Shannon winning the girl's race:
This next one was in the Tomah paper:
Now here are some handsome lads (um ... we looked much better in person!)